Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

SUN CAKE


As a parent, never assume you know or should know what your child wants. I say this because of the cake I’m about to show to you.
The child was turning 11 and her mum was thinking she would like a jewelry box cake or a cake with her picture on it, but since we couldn't reach a landing, the mum decided to ask her daughter to pick from the two options we had.

Lo and behold, the child came and painted a completely different picture of what she wanted for her 11th year birthday. She started by asking if it’s possible to do a sun, I nodded.  She then said she wanted a Sun shining with sky around it. Her mum was speechless and they both turned and looked at me, waiting for my response. I just told them, I will try.

Below is what I came up with.


1 comment: