Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

HOW I VENTURED INTO CAKES



The thought of baking and decorating cakes, crossed my mind a couple of months to my baby girl's first birthday. I thought it will be very cool, if i made her first birthday cake myself. So, there and then  i decided to take a cake baking and decoration class . I then signed up for some classes in Netherlands (Was residing there at the time).
The first cake, i made after my classes was a Christmas cake, which I shared with friends and family.I got so much praise from the Christmas cake. One of my friends who was privileged to taste the cake asked me to bake a cake for her baby’s birthday, which was a week away at the time. I was beside myself with joy at her request, because not only will I be practicing my newly acquired skill but  i will be getting paid for it. I accepted the challenge; I called it a challenge because I was a green in the business at the time. At the end of the day, the end product of the challenge is the picture above.
 Now, you be the judge, did I conquer ( Asking as a rookie at the time)? (Waiting for your answer)

8 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyyy! Ada nwam! Congrats!!! It is our prayer that this blog will take you way beyond your expectations. There ain't nathing "rookie-ish" about that cake, as a matter of fact it can pass off as the work of a veteran. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur most unhappy customers are ur greatest source of learning. Don't just agonize,organize and I believe dats wat u r doing here. Kudos dear. D best is yet to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did conquer, if I may answer your "rookie" question. However, it is imperative that I describe the entire process with accuracy, so yes! "You are conquering". It is a continuous process and "seconding" a previous comment "the best is indeed, yet to come".
    I for one, can proudly say I witness the baking of your first cake (after your classes) & ofcourse was about the first person to 'taste' it.
    I would save us the trouble of describing how smooth & yummy it was, but employ everyone reading this to getting in touch with Dezzy for a piece of the action.
    -elKAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am yet to taste it but I remember your numerous cooking from School (esp ur moi-moi) and staying over at your house in Warri....so I know you`ve got skills and wat ever u set ur mind to do.....u do exceedingly well!!
    Your best is indeed yet to come!!
    You dey do mail order delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you did Conquer! My baby will be one soon. I want her to have the most beautiful and out of this world B/day cake. However the only person i know with that kind of creativity is my dearest matron of honor(you). What am I to do? Pls come visit...Pls, pls, pls...

    ReplyDelete